Search Here

Monday, July 18, 2011

with a hip

Hello ^^

As it appears, I am currently staying in the midwest. The good ole heartland.

Why?

Well, the boyfriend lives out here (he is moving with me back to Cali) but for now we are enjoying some downtime in the expanses of greenery until we have to migrate back to the urban sprawl of the desolate and cluttered Los Angeles.

I've been searching for apartments all this morning and with our almost questionable plans it looks like for at least half the year we may be staying in a studio. Which means no parties. What does this have to do with goth? Well, nothing if you press.

However while staying out here, I have been trying to rock my gothling wardrobe without eliciting too many stares from the locals.

Of course, there are many small town goths who make perfect good use of their enviroment and I have been one of them. It occurs to me though, that California lends itself particularly well to goths. Not so much for the heartland, despite the idea that I have while staying here that it is *precisely* this enviroment that lends itself to many goths who flock to California the first chance they get. One pirouette through the malls and finding a goth wardrobe is likely to be daunting. I still have yet to hit the thrift stores.

So, inasmuch as being a goth is enough for a stare, a black goth in the heartland? Well, well, well aren't you just setting up for an investigation? I do receive plenty of stares for my multi-colored hair, but I have made some edits to the wardrobe you don't want to scare the people at the local Baskin Robins with your six inch Demonia boots and Christian Death Shirt in the vestige of the christian heartland. It's just not that smart of an idea unless you're ornery.

I am enjoying the midwest, but I do miss california in all it's darkened sunshine glory.

1 comment:

  1. I have lived in the Midwest all of my life .. I know it all too well ..

    ReplyDelete