Search Here

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Army of you and me.

Hey everyone ;)

I'm baack. For reals this time. I took a very long hiatus over the course since the blog started, basically finishing up some courses at my school, moving, starting a relationship, and becoming an goth model.

That's right, a goth model.

The decision came to when basically I noticed a lack of goth models of color and I felt like I had a good go at it. I have done some shoots...and Im still a bit hesistant as if I should link this blog with my modeling pursuits....I mean a model who posts angry stuff? Unheard of. But maybe, I'll await to see if that is something worth doing. But when I started modeling I was immediately swept into genres that weren't really me, but I have decided to come full circle and do goth/alt/whateverthefuck I feel like. I mean if you are going to do something, then do what you feel in your heart you should do. Do it honestly.

It has not been easy, and partially because people don't know what to do with a black goth model. Now, I want to be a smart ass and say "well, ahem.....take their fucking picture" :D

But I do enjoy modeling, because I enjoy creating images and getting done up and all that. I mean, I don't know too many goths that don't like being dramatic with their looks. Goth is a style choice that's pretty bold.

I digress...

I'm very happy to be back :D I saw some comments on the blog that touched me and let me know that there is an audience out here for what I have to say and that means a lot. Also I was inspired by the comments and getting to see who was following the blog, Black Magik being one of them. I found the blog in my aim to find more black models who were doing alternative work and so to have that blog following me, WHOA DUDE.

Alas, I was inspired to come back. Specifically, I've decided to stick with my decision to be a black goth. Plenty of times I have not stuck with the decision because it's easier to just go the already paved route, but it didn't make me happier.

But it's a lifestyle I like, and I love it, and being goth....hmm...I can define it for myself because I'm *that* much closer to knowing who I am as a person. I hope that many of you will get to that point, or at least in that path of the journey.

I'm still going to tackle a lot of issues that come with being a black goth. I'm going to aim to keep the blog balanced and rich basically.

Thank you supporters/new friends :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for following and welcome back. Hope to hear and see more of you.

    ReplyDelete